Technology for Teaching and Learning
Technology offers tremendous promise for student learning. The upsurge of devices and digital learning platforms, along with external events impacting instruction and student learning, have increased the emphasis states, districts, and schools place on educational technology. The importance of using technology effectively as a tool for teaching and learning has always been a recognized priority for AIR. The use of technology in education also raises challenges, including those related to equity of access, cost-effectiveness, teacher professional development, assessment, privacy, and safety. AIR is poised to support the field in addressing these challenges. We are a leader in evidence-based, technology-driven classroom practices and online strategies that enhance learning for all students, including those with special needs.
Drawing upon an interdisciplinary team of experts who work side-by-side with education leaders, AIR designs and delivers technical assistance, research, and evaluation studies to unlock the potential of technology to drive improvements in teaching and learning. Our work includes, but is not limited to:
Education technology research and evaluation
- Rigorous implementation and outcome evaluations studying technology program effectiveness
- Education technology product evaluations
- Research studies on online and blended learning programs
Technical assistance to improve technology program planning, implementation, and policy
- Data based, differentiated strategic planning and implementation support for the development of new technology programs and continuous improvement support for existing programs
- Professional learning, including communities of practice and tool development to support effective use of technology to address the needs of all learners
- Design and facilitation of networked improvement communities to solve technology integration challenges using continuous improvement methodologies.