SEL Online Learning Module: Creating a Well-Rounded Educational Experience
Creating a Well-Rounded Educational Experience: Introduction to Social and Emotional Learning, a free online course from AIR, was designed as an introduction to social and emotional learning (SEL) for educators who endeavor to create a well-rounded educational experience. This introductory course is designed for all educators—teachers, counselors, principals, support staff, custodians, cafeteria staff, and afterschool providers—to ensure that the whole school community is engaged in the adoption and implementation of sustainable SEL practices.
By the end of this course, users will be able to:
- Define social and emotional learning (SEL) and a set of core social and emotional competencies;
- Understand the importance of SEL for students and adults;
- Identify the key components of SEL, including how social and emotional competencies change across the lifespan and across multiple context and cultures;
- Explore ways that SEL aligns with other initiatives;
- Determine strategies to begin to implement SEL in practice.
The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete. You may start and stop the course at any time, and your progress will be saved.
If you have any questions about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.