AIR examined the feasibility of conducting an outcomes evaluation for the National Institute of Nursing Research Health Disparities Program, an effort that supports research to reduce and eliminate health disparities in disadvantaged populations.
As part of the feasibility study, AIR
- conducted a literature review;
- developed a conceptual framework of health disparities and an evaluation logic model;
- interviewed key stakeholders;
- conducted a bibliometric and content analysis of publications associated with grants funded by the program; and
- analyzed data from the National Institute of Health IMPAC II grants data system.
The results of these tasks informed an evaluation plan that presented advantages, disadvantages and estimated budgets for alternate approaches to outcomes evaluation.