Research suggests that students with a disability are less likely to enroll in and complete college than students without a disability. Join REL Southwest on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 4 p.m. EST to learn about the importance of providing targeted services for students with disabilities to transition to and be successful in postsecondary education.
In this interactive webinar, Trey Miller, REL Southwest researcher and director of the Texas Schools Project at University of Texas Dallas, will share the results of his new study, College Enrollment and Completion Among High School Graduates With Disabilities. Afterward, Tessie Bailey, director of the PROGRESS Center at AIR, will present on supports that students with disabilities need to transition to and succeed at four-year universities and other postsecondary institutions.
The webinar will also feature a panel discussion with directors from programs designed to support students with disabilities at four-year universities, including Aggie ACHIEVE at Texas A&M University, Sooner Works at University of Oklahoma, and EMPOWER at University of Arkansas.
Participants should expect to:
- Understand and plan to apply the findings from the REL Southwest report to help improve the adequacy of outreach and services to students with disabilities.
- Understand the importance of designing targeted programs and services to support transition to postsecondary and college enrollment and completion among students with disabilities.
- Hear about examples of programs at four-year universities designed to support students with disabilities and how these programs are responding to challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Trey Miller, Ph.D., REL Southwest Researcher and Director of the Texas Schools Project at University of Texas Dallas
- Tessie Bailey, Ph.D., Director, PROGRESS Center at AIR
- Olivia Hester, Ph.D., Program Director, Aggie ACHIEVE at Texas A&M University
- Mindy Lingo, Ph.D., BCBA, Assistant Director, Sooner Works Program at University of Oklahoma
- Ashley Bradley, M.S., Director, EMPOWER Program at University of Arkansas
- Lacy Wood, Principal Technical Assistance Consultant, REL Southwest
- Katelyn Lee, Technical Assistance Consultant, REL Southwest
The webinar will be archived on the REL Southwest website. If you cannot attend the live event, please register to be notified when the webinar archive is available online.