Research-Based, Trauma-Responsive Education Practices
Join REL Southwest for a free webinar on research-based, trauma-responsive education practices.
In this interactive webinar, participants will hear an overview of trauma in schools from Tammie Causey-Konaté, senior technical assistance consultant at AIR. In addition, participants will learn about current research on trauma-responsive strategies and practices from Amy Lansing, assistant adjunct professor at the University of California–San Diego. Following Dr. Lansing’s presentation, Kathleen Guarino, senior technical assistance consultant at AIR, will discuss how to create trauma-responsive school environments. Finally, Kimberly Eckert, 2018 Louisiana State Teacher of the Year and teacher at Brusly High School, will participate in a facilitated discussion on her experiences with trauma-responsive practices.
Participants will have opportunities to join in-depth discussions and pose questions during the event’s question-and-answer sessions.
Participants can expect to:
- Gain a better understanding of what is defined as trauma among adults and children;
- Become aware of the research base and evidence supporting trauma-responsive strategies and practices; and
- Learn how to create a trauma-sensitive classroom.
- Tammie Causey-Konaté, Ph.D., Senior Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR
- Amy Lansing, Ph.D., Assistant Adjunct Professor, University of California–San Diego
- Kathleen Guarino, LMHC, Senior Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR
- Kimberly Eckert, M.Ed., Teacher, Brusly High School
- Shannon Lasserre-Cortez, Ph.D., Senior Researcher, REL Southwest
- Marguerite Huber, Communications Associate, REL Southwest
Who will benefit: Practitioners, regular and special needs teachers, and counselors; central office staff; school-level leadership; charter authorizers; teacher preparation program faculty; juvenile justice personnel and legal representatives; and parent advocate groups interested in this topic.
Contact Marguerite Huber for more information.
March 28, 2019
4:00 PM - 5:15 PM