This Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Midwest webinar addresses research-based resources for e-learning, the virtual platforms available for use, and other considerations for moving to an e-learning environment. The webinar will cover the following topics related to transitioning to remote learning:
- Research-based resources
- Social and emotional learning
- Adult learning
- Online learning platforms
Experts in the field from REL Midwest and AIR will present and respond to audience questions:
- Melissa Rasberry, senior technical assistance consultant from AIR, will guide a review of key considerations in moving students to remote learning.
- Fausto Lopez, senior technical assistance consultant from REL Midwest, will describe proven strategies to foster social and emotional learning in a remote environment, discuss considerations for managing adult learning as teachers move into a remote environment, and provide an overview of features of online platforms available to schools and districts.
- Marshal Conley, senior technical assistance consultant from REL Midwest, will review reliable, evidence-based resources for remote learning. The audience will have multiple chances to ask questions throughout the presentation.