Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm
Place: U.S. Capitol Visitor Center Congressional Meeting Room North - CVC 268
RSVP to Natalie Coupe, 703-217-7146
The National Center on Family Homelessness is hosting a briefing with the Congressional Caucus on Homelessness and Senator Patty Murray: Homelessness in America: Experiences & Solutions in the 113th Congress. Speakers will share pressing issues facing families, youth, veterans, and individuals who are experiencing homelessness and will discuss solutions.
- Representative Eddie Bernice Johnson, Co-Chair
- Representative Alcee Hastings, Co-Chair
- Sarah Bolton, Senior Policy and Budget Advisor, Office of Senator Patty Murray
- Carmela J. DeCandia, Psy.D., Director, The National Center on Family Homelessness, an affiliate of the American Institutes for Research
- Finda Fallah, Freshman at Coppin University, Baltimore, MD
- Brian Carome, Executive Director, Street Sense
- Maria Foscarinis, Founder & Executive Director, The National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
This briefing is supported by the following: National Association for the Education of Homeless Children & Youth, National Coalition for the Homeless, National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Covenant House International, First Focus, HEAR US Inc., Horizons for Homeless Children, National Alliance to End Homelessness, National Center for Housing & Child Welfare, National Health Care for the Homeless Council, National Low Income Housing Coalition, National Network for Youth, True Colors Fund, Zero to Three.