AASA and AIR Virtual Research, Practice, and Policy Event
Looking back to face what is ahead: A research and policy presentation and conversation about teaching and learning during the pandemic
As school districts and states prepare for the 2021-2022 school year, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) has released three new research briefs from its National Survey of Public Education's Response to COVID-19 study. These briefs are intended to inform practices and policies for returning to in-person instruction in the post-COVID-19 era and decisions needed to restore essential learning and skill development for all students. Access these briefs on the project page.
Research brief topics:
- District Approaches to Instruction in 2020-21
- Student Attendance and Enrollment Loss
- Student Learning During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Join AIR research experts and superintendents to discuss the findings from the research briefs and the implications for practice and policy in a post-COVID era.
- Jordan Rickles, principal researcher, AIR
- Sarah Hodgman, research assistant, AIR
- Joanne Carminucci, research assistant, AIR
- Shari Camhi, superintendent, Baldwin (N.Y.) Union Free School District, AASA President-elect
- Sharon Desmoulin-Kherat, superintendent, Peoria (Ill.) Public Schools
Moderator: Lauren Camera, U.S. News & World Report
July 19, 2021
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM