Evaluation │ Center for Early Learning Systems
AIR evaluates early care and education programs and policies at the federal, state and local level. AIR evaluations help identify best practices and lead to recommendations for improving program quality and outcomes, with an eye toward system-wide implementation.
AIR can help organizations to do the following:
- Work with stakeholders to plan an evaluation approach
- Conduct a process evaluation to determine the factors that facilitate and hinder program improvement
- Assess the quality of early care and education settings, using tools such as the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale-Revised (ECERS-R), the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS), and the Early Language and Literacy Classroom Observation (ELLCO)
- Estimate the cost of various quality improvement initiatives
- Conduct an outcomes evaluation to assess impacts on children, families, and communities