Human capital solutions help employers address their current and future workforce related needs and span the entire employee life cycle.
AIR’s Human Capital Solutions team uses evidence-based analyses and approaches to support projects that encompass the entire human capital life cycle and provide our public and private sector clients with unique insights and tailored solutions. Central to our work is a focus on the changing nature of jobs due to technology and automation, and developing solutions for employers, individuals, and public agencies to use to successfully navigate these changes.
AIR partners with federal and state agencies, associations, non-profits and employers across industries, ranging from Health and Medicine to Construction. We offer expertise in:
- Workforce Planning
- Improving organizational and individual performance over time, through strategic and analytical efforts.
- Systematically identifying and analyzing current and future workforce needs.
- Job & Practice Analysis
- Collecting and identifying information on the duties, tasks, knowledge, skills, and abilities for a particular job.
- Determining the influence that factors such as technology and automation have on successful performance within a profession.
- Competency Modeling
- Developing frameworks to define the knowledge, skills, and behavioral requirements associated with successful performance in a job, occupation, or industry.
- Identifying and prioritizing competency gaps within the workforce.
- Employee Selection, Test Development, and Validation
- Identifying appropriate selection processes, practices and materials to maximize hiring potential for organizations.
- Developing legally-defensible selection tools designed to ensure the principles of fairness, flexibility, validity and reliability are met.
- Occupational Licensing and Certification
- Researching and providing recommendations on occupational licensing issues, including the analysis of barriers to employment.
- Examining and updating licensure and certification requirements.
- Reskilling and Upskilling
- Working with organizations and public entities to identify and implement impactful reskilling and upskilling strategies.
- Identifying tools for individuals to use to proactively detect and address reskilling and upskilling opportunities.
Our experts—industrial and organizational psychologists, workforce researchers, economists, and sociologists—implement a wide range of methodologies to address each human capital issue, including:
- Survey Design, Development, and Deployment
- Statistical Analysis and Interpretation
- Interview and Focus Group Facilitation
- Human Capital Data Analytics and Visualization
- Communication Strategy and Change Management Approach Development and Deployment
- Evaluation Strategy Design, Development, and Deployment
In each project, the AIR Human Capital Solutions team leverages best practices and past successes while also tailoring each solution to ensure it meets the exact needs of each client.