11 Mar 2015
Washington is taking a close look at Title II, Part A (Title IIA) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as Congress debates reauthorization. A new Title IIA would make certain that state, district, and school leaders have the capacity required to manage professional development activities and resources more effectively to achieve Title II’s vital student achievement goals. This brief lays out what Title IIA is and what it could be and points to some district and school leaders who are figuring it out for the rest of us.
11 Feb 2016
Did Congress make the right fixes to the rules governing funding for teaching and learning in ESSA? Kind of, according to AIR expert Jane Coggshall, in this blog post.
- Brief: Title II, Part A: Don't Scrap It, Don't Dilute It, Fix It.
- The New Title IIA: Scrapped, Diluted, or Fixed?
- Up for Vote #4: Title IIA: What a Better Version Might Look Like in Your Neighborhood School System
- Client Services: Professional Development, Growth, and Learning
- Getting Beyond the Mirage of Professional Development