12 Oct 2016
Postsecondary competency-based education (CBE) is receiving considerable attention from advocates, colleges, and policymakers as a way to help more students complete high-quality postsecondary credentials in less time and at a lower cost—but we're just beginning to build rigorous evidence to understand whether CBE programs are fulfilling those value propositions.
4 Aug 2017
The growth of the postsecondary competency-based education (CBE) ecosystem is contingent on CBE programs demonstrating that they fulfill core value propositions for students, including improving access, success, quality, and affordability. To support program leaders and researchers in building evidence about student outcomes in CBE programs, AIR and the Institute for Competency-Based Education at Texas A&M University-Commerce developed this brief, which proposes a CBE Student Outcomes Metrics Framework for descriptive and evaluative research.
- Aligning for Learning- Evaluating Connections: Making the Case for Competency-Based Education
- Postsecondary Competency-Based Education
- National Survey of Postsecondary Competency-Based Education
- Communicating Research Findings: Making the Case for Competency-Based Education
- On the Path to Success: Early Evidence About the Efficacy of Postsecondary Competency-Based Education Programs