Comprehensive Centers at AIR
Through the Comprehensive Centers Program, the U.S. Department of Education awards discretionary grants for centers to provide capacity-building technical assistance to states and school districts in their design and implementation of evidence-based policies, practices, programs, and interventions that improve instruction and student achievement and outcomes. AIR has operated comprehensive centers since the inception of the program in 2005, partnering with national, state, regional, and local entities to provide high-quality services and resources to support the education field.
NEW COMPREHENSIVE CENTERS AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT
We are pleased to announce that, as a result of the recent 2019 U.S. Department of Education Request for Application process for a new cycle of centers, AIR has been awarded grants to operate the following centers during the next five years (2019-2024):
Region 1: MA, ME, NH, VT
Region 9: IL, IA
AIR is also a subcontractor in awards to operate centers for Region 3: Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands; Region 11: SD, ND, WY, NE; and Region 12: CO, KS, MO.
Websites for these centers are currently under construction. Please continue to check this page for links to the published websites and other updates.
2012-2019 COMPREHENSIVE CENTERS
During the most recent program award period (2012-2019), AIR operated two national content centers and four regional comprehensive centers. Information about the technical assistance services and resources provided by each center are available on their individual websites. Key resources produced by each center are also available below along with contact information.
- Indiana Revises Its Formula for Teacher Performance Pay
- Addressing Michigan's Achievement Gap
- Strategic Technical Assistance Toolkit
- Connecting Social and Emotional Learning to Michigan’s School Improvement Framework
- Webinar Series: Evidence-Based Practices Under ESSA
- Student Goal Setting: An Evidence-Based Practice
- Tribal Consultation Under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act
- Promoting Excellence for All: A Report from the State Superintendent’s Task Force on Wisconsin’s Achievement Gap
- Equity Summit: Accountable Leadership: Opportunities for Equitable Systems
- Early Childhood Institute: Nurturing High-Quality Early Learning and Leadership Across the PreK–3 Continuum
- Georgia Employability Skills Task Force Recommendations Brochure and Profiles