Implementing Competency-Based Education Strategies: From Research to Practice
This Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Midwest webinar showcases how competency-based education (CBE) strategies can positively impact student learning outcomes and how to create structures within a school or classroom to effectively implement CBE strategies.
Kristina Zeiser, a senior researcher at AIR, presented an overview and key findings from a study that examined the relationship between CBE practices and students’ learning skills, behaviors, and dispositions. Participants also heard from a school leader with a high school in Illinois about her experience implementing CBE instructional strategies, including challenges and lessons learned. Finally, representatives from the Minnesota Department of Education discussed how they are supporting state-approved alternative and online learning programs implementing CBE.
Partnership: Midwest Career Readiness Research Alliance
- Dominque Bradley, PhD, Researcher, REL Midwest
- Susan Burkhauser, PhD, Researcher, REL Midwest
- Lisa Balata, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Ridgewood High School
- Jeff Plaman, Online and Digital Learning Specialist, Minnesota Department of Education
- Sally Reynolds, Alternative and Extended Learning Specialist, Minnesota Department of Education
- Kristina Zeiser, PhD, Senior Researcher, AIR
May 6, 2020
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM