Please join AIR on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 for a presentation and discussion on how college completion rates and financial aid differ around the world.
This webinar will highlight findings related to the following questions:
- What percentage of U.S. students graduate tertiary education, on-time and 6 years after they enrolled, and how do these rates compare to other OECD countries?
- How do completion rates vary by parents’ educational attainment and immigration status in the U.S. and OECD countries?
- Where are U.S. students after their first year of study, and how does this compare to other countries?
- How does the average in-state public tuition fee in the U.S. compare to other OECD countries? How does financial support for students vary?
- What is the average amount of debt student’s have at the end of their tertiary education in OECD countries and what types of repayment systems do countries have?
Registrants will be given the opportunity to submit questions to be answered by the panelists during the webinar.
- Presenter: Rachel Dinkes, Principal Researcher, American Institutes for Research
- Discussant: Audrey Peek, Researcher, American Institutes for Research
- Moderator: Sandy Baum, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
About the RISE Webinar Series
The Research on International Studies in Education (RISE) Webinar Series showcases research using data from international studies and promotes sharing and discussion about how data-based evidence can be used for improving educational outcomes. The RISE Webinar Series is organized by AIR. To receive emails about RISE and invitations to upcoming webinars, please email RISE@air.org.