The mission of the Illinois Center for School Improvement (Illinois CSI) is to lead the delivery of high-quality, research-based statewide system of support services designed to raise student performance by increasing district-level capacity for exceptional teaching and learning.
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) established Illinois CSI to provide high-quality, coordinated, and consistent support to the Illinois statewide system of support (SSoS). Illinois CSI resources and services will ensure that districts and schools receive expert, timely, and relevant assistance to increase district capacity, improve student performance, and close achievement gaps. Illinois CSI will advance ISBE's commitment to continue SSoS partnerships through the state's established regional delivery system.
Illinois CSI support and coordination of SSoS is defined by five key functions:
- Provide oversight and management to SSoS
- Maintain alignment with ISBE's vision and reform initiatives
- Work with identified school districts
- Increase district-level capacity to improve teaching and learning
- Evaluate systemwide processes
Illinois CSI is operated by AIR in close partnership with ISBE.