On October 26, 2017 the American Institutes for Research will host a presentation and discussion on the inclusion of students with disabilities in general education classrooms, a cornerstone of special education policy in the United States and many countries.
International Comparisons in Education
International comparisons of statistical data on national elementary, secondary and higher education school systems provide feedback on how education systems have improved over time, how equitable they are, and students compare to their peers around the world. AIR works extensively with several international studies of education, including the following:
- Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (PIRLS)
- Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC)
- Program for International Student Assessment (PISA)
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)
- Teaching and Learning International Survey (TALIS)