Before 1975, only one in five children with disabilities attended public school. Federal legislation changed that. With more than 6 million children receiving special education services, educators, parents, and providers face many challenges on the road to improving outcomes—and improving lives—for students with disabilities.
Our areas of expertise include
- intensive intervention (National Center on Intensive Intervention);
- supporting large-scale improvements for students with disabilities (National Center for Systemic Improvement);
- instructional and assistive technology (Center on Technology and Disability);
- teacher preparation (Center for Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform); and
- federal special education fiscal requirements (Center for IDEA Fiscal Reporting).