Policy, Practice, and Systems Change
AIR experts use evidence-based methods and strategies to create and improve legislative and organizational policies, practitioner knowledge and skills, and organizational systems and infrastructure:
- AIR’s research-based knowledge translation and utilization services include rigorous systematic literature reviews to identify critical questions, analyze existing research, and transform and disseminate findings that inform practice in the United States and abroad.
- AIR designs, implements, and evaluates communication and behavior change campaigns to motivate and support people in adopting healthy behaviors and to address issues such as HIV-AIDS, tobacco use, obesity, and child protection in the United States and the world.
- AIR facilitates systems change, including improving education in the nation’s poorest districts, working with juvenile justice agencies to prevent recidivism, and partnering with ministries of education and nongovernmental organizations abroad to improve basic literacy and early reading skills.
- AIR designs and executes Pay for Success programs, partnering in innovative approaches to address social problems such as homelessness, disadvantaged communities, and language acquisition for English learners.
- AIR is a leader in using technology solutions for improving lives, through cutting-edge strategies in responsive web design, distance learning, digital and social media, and geospatial information system