Culture and Values
Our Culture: Social and Behavioral Science that Changes the World
AIR places a strong emphasis on creating a collegial atmosphere that encourages staff to be creative and supportive of each other. We believe that intellectual diversity and respect for the contributions of each individual is central to our success.
We produce good work because we are a good place to work. Our staff care about the work they perform, they care about the colleagues they work with, and they care about the clients they serve.
AIR conducts and applies behavioral and social science research to improve people’s lives and well-being, with a special emphasis on the disadvantaged. That ideal is the driving force that motivates our staff.
In striving to achieve our mission, we place high value on:
- Providing client-oriented services characterized by personal, professional, and organizational integrity.
- Producing quality work products anchored in science.
- Creating a nurturing environment responsive to individual needs for growth and professional development.
- Maintaining a spirit of openness, constructive communication, collegiality, and teamwork in all our work.
- Striking an appropriate balance between the demands of work and the private lives of our staff.
- Diversity of ideas, opinions, backgrounds, life styles, and experiences of our staff.
- Individual initiative and entrepreneurship on the part of our staff.
- Making a better world while enjoying work.