Areas of Expertise
Federal Education Statistics
AIR’s experts contribute to the development of high-quality statistics about education that inform discussion, debate, and planning at national, state, and local levels. AIR:
- develops data collection instruments for large-scale surveys and assessments,
- plans and implements strategies to assure high-quality data,
- analyzes data and writes reports to monitor continuing and emerging topics,
- conducts methodological studies in statistics and large-scale surveys and assessments, and
- facilitates communication among statisticians, survey methodologists, practitioners, policy analysts, researchers, and the public for input and dissemination of findings.
Service: Interagency Forums: Forum on Child and Family Statistics and Forum on Aging Related Statistics
AIR plays a key role in supporting the production of the annual report America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, as well as the biannual report Older Americans: Key Indicators of Well-Being
AIR’s Federal Statistics Program provides support for statistical tables on NCES’ Rural Education in America and Urban Education in America websites
Service: United States Education Dashboard
The Federal Statistics Program has provided support for the United States Education Dashboard since its inception in 2011.
Service: NCES Fast Facts Website
The NCES Fast Facts website originated from a list of questions frequently asked of NCES and was started as a resource for the general public for brief, yet up-to-date, education facts.
AIR’s Federal Statistics Program provides support for the Statistical Abstract updates from NCES for the Census Bureau.
Presentation for the 2007 Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association.