Areas of Expertise
The successful teaching and learning of mathematics plays an increasingly important role in ensuring that U.S. students have the right skills required to compete in a global economy. AIR has development and research expertise in the areas of curriculum review, alignment, and evaluation; research-based instructional practices; effective professional development; the development and alignment of high quality assessments; and international comparisons.
- Children’s Elementary School Outcomes After Participating in Family Literacy Programs
- Access to Algebra I: The Effects of Online Mathematics for Grade 8 Students
- Eighth-Grade Algebra: Findings From the Eighth-Grade Round of the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Kindergarten Class of 1998–99 (ECLS-K)
- View All Reports
- Texas Statewide 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)
- The Mathematics Professional Development (PD) Impact Study
- View All Projects
Under the management of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and AIR Health, the National Diabetes Education Program includes a major outreach effort to minority communities. Leveraging communications through community-based organizations, AIR is delivering prevention messages to African Americans, Asian Americans and Native Americans. Through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, AIR is implementing a program to help family physicians and nurses communicate more effectively with diverse patient populations.