The Center on Great Teachers and Leaders (GTL Center) is a national content center funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Elementary and Secondary Education. The GTL Center is dedicated to supporting state education leaders in all 50 states in their efforts to grow, respect, and retain great teachers and leaders for all students including English Language Learners and students with disabilities.
The GTL Center provides technical assistance and online resources designed to help states build systems that
- support the implementation of college and career standards;
- ensure equitable access to effective teachers and leaders;
- recruit, retain, reward, and support effective educators;
- develop coherent and aligned human capital management systems;
- create safe teaching and learning conditions that promote the development of cognitive, social, and emotional skills; and
- use data to guide professional development and improve instruction.