AIR offers a comprehensive Total Compensation package. We provide our employees with competitive base salaries, a generous benefit package, and a workplace that promotes growth, development, and creativity.
AIR strives for external and internal equity for all our salaries. We define our external market as the competitor organizations for our talent. Individual performance and growth is rewarded during our merit and promotion cycles.
Family Friendly Benefits
- Domestic Partner Benefits – Qualifying employees may include their domestic partner in AIR benefits.
- Adoption Leave – Employees who adopt a child may receive an additional 4 weeks of Paid Time Off leave (PTO).
- Family Events – Include Bring Your Daughter or Son to Work Day, sports outings, and the annual Halloween Party.
- Nursing Mother’s Room – Provided for returning mothers who are nursing their children.
- Child/Elder Care Referral – Advice and referrals are available from our Employee Assistance Program provider.
- Medical Benefits – AIR offers a national POS Open Access health care plan including prescription drug coverage. HMO options also are offered at our larger sites. Spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children under 19 (or full-time students up to age 25) may be covered under these plans.
- Dental Benefits – Employees can choose to participate in one of two dental PPO plans.
- Vision Benefits – Employees are eligible to participate in one of two vision insurance plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – In addition to offering the medical and dental benefits on a pre-tax basis, employees can also elect to participate in the AIR Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- FreshAir Wellness – Through our freshAIR wellness initiatives Employees can participate in annual Wellness Fairs, Health Assessments, our 10,000 step challenge, and many more healthy activities. A large library of educational materials is available to all Employees.
- Flu Shot Clinics – Offered at our larger sites and employees may submit for shot reimbursement if a clinic is not offered at their AIR location.
- Weight Watchers – On-site programs are offered every 10 weeks at many of our sites. Participation is voluntary.
- EAP – Our Employee Assistance Program provides online products and managed behavioral health care services to help our employees manage their work, life, financial and emotional health challenges.
- Supplement Retirement Annuity Plan (403(b)) – Employees may defer up to 50% of their pay (subject to IRS limits) into investments with TIAA-CREF.
- AIR Retirement Plan – AIR contributes to a retirement plan on behalf of all eligible employees. Contributions are based on the employee’s age and length of service.
- Banking – Credit Union membership is available at many of the AIR sites.
- Life Insurance – Employees are eligible for two or three times their base salary in life and AD&D insurance.
- Supplemental Life Insurance – In addition to the employer-sponsored Basic Life Insurance, employees may elect Supplemental Life Insurance for themselves and/or a spouse, domestic partner or dependent child.
- Long-Term Disability – AIR pays the full cost of this insurance for all eligible employees.
- Supplemental Long-Term Disability – This benefit allows employees to purchase an additional10% of LTD coverage above the employer-sponsored Basic LTD Insurance.
- Long-Term Care – Insurance is available as a voluntary benefit to all employees.
- Legal Services – Discounted legal services, including unlimited telephone advice is offered via our voluntary legal services plan.
Education and Training
- Tuition Aid Program – Eligible employees may receive up to $5,250 per year to help defray the cost of tuition, fees, and books for educational courses relevant to their work at AIR, or that are required for a job-related degree.
- Ph.D. Publication Support – All new employees who have earned a Ph.D. within the previous 12 months of their hire date may apply to be given up to 12 weeks to write articles for peer-reviewed journals or to produce other publishable materials.
- Holidays – AIR has 10 paid holidays each year.
- Paid Time Off – Based on length of service, employees accrue 17 – 29 days per year. Time off may be used for vacation, when you or your family members are sick or when you need personal time off.
- Wage Replacement Program – This benefit is available to all employees whose illness or injury keeps them out of work for more than 14 days.
- Compassionate Leave – A maximum of 3 days is available for employees to care for a critically ill close family member, to attend a funeral of a close relative, or in the case of extreme personal hardship.
- Jury Duty and Military Leave – Paid time is available for employees on jury duty or temporary military duty for up to two weeks.
- Leave of Absence – Unpaid leave may be available for one to 12 months to pursue professional interests such as completing an advance degree or visiting professorship. Generally these leaves are without pay.
Employees located in the Washington, DC offices may elect to receive either Metrocheck benefits or subsidized parking on a monthly basis. AIR’s other locations offer free parking.
- Refreshments – Free beverages from coffee and tea to soda are available at most AIR sites.
- Longevity Awards – Employees are rewarded for their loyalty to AIR. Starting with 5 years of service, employees are recognized with a certificate and gift commensurate with their service milestone.